FUND ALERT: Managing Risk
The Fund has instituted a three part program to manage policy risks and assist agents in identifying areas of improvement in agent's offices.
- Agent Recertification. Every agent will be contacted annually by a Fund representative to respond to business related questions. The call is usually completed in three to five minutes. When your office is contacted by a Fund representative please respond timely.
- On-line Self Assessment Survey. Agents will receive an e-mail inviting the agent to respond to an on-line survey. The survey will focus on the agent's escrow or trust account practices. The survey will assist the agent in determining whether the agent's practices meet the requirements of the Florida Bar or Florida Department of Financial Services as appropriate.
- Audits. The Fund's Risk Management Department has significantly increased the number of agents receiving on-site and "desk audits". Many agents have expressed appreciation for the information identified by the audit.
Each of the three parts of the program fill a unique need in The Fund's efforts to manage the risks associated with a network of title insurance agents. Participation in each part of the program when contacted is required of all agents. Please respond promptly when contacted for any of the three parts of the program.
Select a News and Announcements item or a Fund Alert from the lists above.
Each link will:
- display the News item here, or;
- take you to the appropriate section of thefund.com, or;
- take you to a third-party site for more information;
Note: Please review the Online Service Agreement for details of The Fund's policy regarding third-party sites.